6.11.2007

relaxing

This day ended relaxing out on the porch. Elena was so excited that she could climb up into the chair all by her independent little self. She absolutely hates it when you help her with anything lately. So stong willed. I can't imagine where she got that from... She insisted on going back in the house to find a couple of good books to read. Tucker was out too, though he never relaxes. He only finds happiness in running after his beloved Kong, over and over and over again. Of course that meant he needed water, and Elena loves water. The minute she saw that bowl of water she was off the chair and headed straight for it. Immediately she put her hands in the dirty, dog spitty, yucky water. She didn't care, and neither did I. I love watching how fascinated she is by all the little things that most of us don't even notice anymore. The birds, the clouds, airplanes flying across the sky. Having her has definitely changed my perspective on life. The things I thought were important before don't matter so much. I've realized even more that the simple things are what life is really about.

There's that smile again


both hands in the water


Tucker trying to share with Elena


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday DiDi!

Love,
Lisa